Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Custom Cake Topper

I ordered my A from Crafty Eddy. He had it delivered within three days of payment. I decided to forgo the normal rhinestones for glitter. Both FI and I like the look a lot better than the rhinestones, it glitters more and looks complete not crafty.
One side affect. When I was applying the glitter I used a box lid to keep it all contained. I threw the lid with the left over glitter in the garbage. The next day my lovely mishevious puppy decided she wanted to play in the glitter and covered our entire room in champagne glitter. It has been two weeks and we still find glitter specs on me.
Directions:

1) Order cake topper from Crafty Eddy

2) For Glitter I purchased Martha Stewart Smokey Quartz. It was $5 per bottle and I didn't even use a 1/4 of the bottle. Much cheaper than rhinestones

3) For the Glue- Original Tacky Glue by Aleene's was also about $5 and worked amazing

4) Grab a box lid to keep the glitter in one spot, make sure it is large enough to fit the whole letter and the spokes

5) Start applying glue to the front and brush with a cheap paint brush to make it even. Do a line at the time

6) Sprinkle glitter over glue, then shake off left over

7) Continue doing this for the back and sides

Easy Peasy. It took less than 15 minutes to finish.

Ignore the Niner Cheerleader calendar. That would be my lovely Fiance's!

No comments:

Post a Comment